Turkey is abolishing 'visa on arrival' facility with effect from 10 April 2014. All Indian passport holders shall be required to have an electronic visa (e-visa) or a sticker visa issued by a Turkish diplomatic or consular mission abroad in order to be able to enter into Turkey.
Indian Citizens applying for e-visa may note the following.
Your passport should be valid for at least six months from the time you enter turkey.
You may be asked confirm that you have a return ticket, hotel reservation and at least US $ 50 per day for each day of your stay.
Your visit to Turkey is for the purposes of tourism or business only.
You should hold a valid supporting document (Schengen visa or a valid visa from any of the OECD member countries, or a valid residence permit of a Schengen or OECD country). The validity of your e-visa is directly linked to the validity of your supporting document. Your e-visa is valid only on the dates on which your supporting document is valid.
Turkey's MFA Press release
Visa Applications at the Border Gates of the Republic of Turkey as of 11 April 2014
In accordance with the Law on Foreigners and International Protection No.6458, published on 11 April 2013 in the Official Gazette, it is envisaged to put an end to obtain visa on arrival in Turkey as of 11 April 2014. However, necessary measures will be taken in order to maintain the current procedure for a certain time during the transition period, including 2014 tourism season.
Visa for touristic or business purposes can be obtained from Embassies/Consulates of Turkey or via the Electronic Visa Application System (www.evisa.gov.tr).
It is now possible to obtain an e-Visa approximately in three minutes online through the Electronic Visa Application System which was launched in 2013.
Necessary arrangements are being carried out with a view to strengthening the e-Visa system while some other measures are implemented to enable foreign nationals subject to visa requirement, to obtain their visas.
In this context, prior to 11 April 2014;
- In addition to English, French and Spanish; Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, German, Arabic and Chinese languages will be added to the e-Visa system.
- In addition to Visa and Master Card credit cards, payment will be made possible by other credit cards and debit cards which are commonly used.
- Necessary infrastructure will be established for obtaining e-Visas from the offices of agreed airline companies carrying passengers to Turkey and from their offices at the airports.
- Tour operators will be able to apply for group e-Visas and make lump sum payments for them.
- Foreigners arriving to Turkey without visa will be able to obtain their e-Visas via interactive kiosks to be placed at Turkish airports.
The necessary work is being carried out in coordination with all relevant public authorities and private sector in order to overcome difficulties during this transition period, which also aims at eliminating waiting periods at Turkish airports. The new arrangements will be in service as soon as possible.